Share Surplus Snakes
About Surplus Snakes
Surplus Snakes is an indie game developed by Orange08 for Ludum Dare 40, a game jam with the theme "Inherit." It's a single-player, top-down arcade game where you control a snake that must eat pellets to progress to the next level. However, the twist is that for every pellet you eat, another snake is spawned into the arena. This means that the more you grow, the more crowded the arena becomes, and the harder it is to maneuver without hitting yourself or the other snakes.
The game is challenging but addictive, and it's a great way to test your reflexes and strategic thinking. The controls are simple (arrow keys to move the snake), but the gameplay is deep and rewarding. Some power-ups can be collected to give you an edge, such as speed boosts and bombs that can clear out the arena of other snakes.
Surplus Snakes was well-received by critics and players alike. It was praised for its originality, its challenging gameplay, and its catchy music. The game has been downloaded over 100,000 times and has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Newgrounds.
If you're looking for a fun and challenging game to play, Surplus Snakes is worth checking out. It's a great way to kill some time and test your skills.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- The game is played in a square arena with walls.
- The pellets are randomly scattered around the arena.
- The snakes grow longer as they eat pellets.
- If a snake hits itself or another snake, it dies.
- The game is over when all of the snakes are dead.
- There are 10 levels in the game.
- The game can be played in a web browser or downloaded for Windows and Mac.
How to play Surplus Snakes
Using Mouse and Keyboard